Wednesday, October 28, 2009

THE TRIAL
Copyright by Carlos de la Parra.

The judge asked the defendant if he had stabbed his cell mate last monday at 6P.M.
The man replied as follows---No your honor...and I ask you to make an effort to remember
that on the day of the crime...at that exact time ...you and I happened to be at the prison's
hospital..you were taking a deposition from a wounded prisoner...and I was at the bed right next to him...and that weird thing happened...like some sort of supernatural exchange of incarnations amongst us where for a couple of minutes you were me,and I was you....remember?----
The judge went pale when that memory flashed back at him....----Yes...yes....now I remember
as clear as if it was then...at that moment it all seemed so strange that I feared having a stroke or something...but the doctor checked me out and he said I was in perfect health....Now
that I have it all clear in my mind ,I must recuse myself and have another judge preside the trial to avoid a conflict of interest...I will be your witness...but trust me...this is going to get complicated...
THE END....but come back for more stories.
SPANISH VERSION---VERSION EN ESPAÑOL.
EL JUICIO
Cuando el juez le preguntó al acusado que si había éste apuñalado a su compañero de celda,el hombre contestó---No su señoría...y le conmino a usted a hacer un esfuerzo por recordar...en aquel exacto momento ...usted tomaba una declaración de un prisionero herido...ahí mismo en el hospital de la prision...y en ése entonces yo ocupaba la cama de junto...y luego sucedió ésa cosa rara...como si entre usted y yo ocurriese un extraño intercambio de encarnaciones...y por unos instantes usted era yo,y yo era usted...recuerda?....
El juez palideció cuando éste recuerdo se le hizo presente----Sí....sí...ahora lo tengo tan claramente como si fuése aquel instante...en aquel momento me pareció algo tan bizarro que temí ser víctima de un derrame cerebral...pero el médico me revisó y me declaró completamente sano...ahora que éste asunto me queda claro,debo recusarme ,y otro juez deberá presidir el proceso para evitar conflicto de intereses...Yo seré su testigo,pero le advierto...ésto se va a poner complicado.....
FIN....pero vendrán más microhistorias.

No comments:

Post a Comment